Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mbae me updatem long blog afta

OK, OK, OK - thanks for all the messages that have said the blog has not been updated for over a week and how slack we are! I know I said we would be doing this every Monday - but I am on Island time now and I could mean this Monday, next Monday or any Monday within the next month or two! However I will try to remember my Aussie work ethic occassionally and bring you up to date!

Well we arrived safely though about an hour late and checked into our accommodation in the early hours of the morning. The week has gone incredibly quickly and we have been through orientation, started in our workplaces and found housing. Each of these episodes will require a blog entry on their own and I promise I will be doing that as soon as time permits.

We have been to 2 parties and the races since we have been here so our social life is not suffering at all. The other workers we have encountered are friendly, helpful and fun and the local people could not be more interesting, genuine and welcoming.

Ron has already harvested a bunch of coconuts from a tree - yep I got photos and will post to this site now that I know I can access it at lunch time at work. We have a 2 hour lunch break and I have been told it is OK to use the internet during that time. Unfortunately I only have about 10 minutes of that time left now and I am using the bosses computer so I had better sign off soon.

Translation of the title of the blog for today is - 'By and by I will update the blog later' - so I promise I will and for those of you who have our email address - please send email to keep in touch.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humin methinkin ubeon vacances. Nous departon bientot pour le club. Je vais demander les autres amies pour regarder le blog.

All is well here. Katy and Gordon have landed and hit the tarmac running. Today they were signing up insurances, getting new car and mobile. Ellie has befriended grandpas dog and settling in.
xxx fellie & Murr

9:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home